If you’re like any other growing business, your team members likely spend a substantial amount of time focused on the procurement of new customers, and the increase of revenue in your existing market. However, you must also question whether this is the most optimal use of daily operational activities performed by your in-house staff.
A common phrase in business is, “the most valuable use of your time is spent working on your business instead of in it.” While this may be true for most companies, and especially for entrepreneurs, it doesn’t necessarily mean you must do all the legwork yourself. It is equally true that outsourcing can be a far more effective means of accomplishing your business goals. Failing to maintain a critical balance between these two ideals can ultimately lead to a negative impact on your bottom line.
Granted, there are certain activities that are best maintained in-house; but let’s take a look at one of the more valuable components which is easily outsourced, yet likely to be of far greater benefit than utilizing staff time, which may be better spent elsewhere: an inbound call center.
Inbound Call Center Services
It’s nothing new that there are usually more tasks in a day than there are hours; particularly when those hours are limited to a fixed window of business operation time. Employed staff members are generally ‘wearing more hats’ than ever before; frequently multi-tasking in order to achieve overall business goals.
Certainly these daily duties can include the management of inbound calls, but this particular set of tasks can be a full time job in itself, and it’s quite likely that those calls are not being handled as frequently, nor as thoroughly, as should be the case. If your team is already stretched thin, those calls may simply be something to ‘get out of the way’ as quickly as possible, and this could very well mean lost opportunities and revenue, as well as leading to a general feeling of dissatisfaction by callers who might otherwise desire to give your company their valuable – and ongoing – business. Looking at it from this viewpoint, it should be abundantly clear that an inbound call center not only makes sense, but also increases revenue.
Here are just a few of the ways your company will benefit exponentially by hiring a designated receiving team for your important service calls:
- Company responsiveness – one of the biggest complaints from today’s consumers is the lack of ability to obtain information and assistance in a rapid, hassle-free manner. When someone has to jump through hoops to reach your business, they take their business elsewhere; plain and simple. By having a dedicated inbound call center on hand to receive calls and follow up immediately, you’ve made it easy for those consumers to decide that YOURS is the right company for their needs.
- Greater in-house productivity – once you have a call team handling those customer service calls, your in-office staff is freed up to focus on the areas of expertise for which they were hired. This means a better end product or service, and removal of incessant interruptions that distract from daily duties that may have been otherwise falling short of company goals.
- Optimal use of phone time – because a call center is concentrated solely on this one important component of your business operation, they have the necessary time to seize opportunities during customer service calls; not only interacting in a more relaxed and focused manner, but also to up-sell, cross-sell and obtain invaluable feedback from your market. They can also be fully attentive to any issues or distress a customer may have experienced, thus affording the opportunity to ‘turn things around’ and win back the caller’s confidence in your brand.
- Expanded order capabilities – if a customer can get through the order process with little-to-no effort, they are far more likely to buy from you again and again. By streamlining the order process with a call team ready at all times, the sky’s the limit to how much product you can get out the door on any given day.
- Professional expertise – let’s face it: company personnel are humans. And humans sometimes get flustered or lose patience when they have far too many tasks on their plate. With a dedicated call team in play, call-related operations are their only task, and one performed exceedingly well. Call center staff are trained specifically for the customer service environment, and how to handle every possible scenario in a courteous and friendly manner at all times. This alone can mean the difference between a sale or a fail for your customers.
There are of course many more ways an inbound call center is vital to your business, and based solely on the above criteria alone, it’s readily apparent that you can’t afford not to outsource this all-important element for your company. Leaving money on the table is never a good idea for what could be an otherwise thriving business model.
If you want more details on how our team will help skyrocket your business prospects and sales, contact OnBrand24 for a no-cost consultation to determine the best way to approach your individual company objectives.